Thursday, August 04, 2005

Shall we prance?

Today, I was accused of prancing. Do I prance? . Do you prance? Before answering the above questions, I must ask you a very fundemental question. What is prancing? I know Black Beauty pranced, so is it something characteristic of only horses? When humans do it, are they attempting to move like horses? Can humans do it? Maybe the dictionary will help us understand what exactly prancing is. I shall check the dictionary and return shortly.

prance :- (prns)
v. intr.
    1. To spring forward on the hind legs. Used of a horse.
    2. To spring or bound forward in a manner reminiscent of a spirited horse.
  1. To ride a horse moving in such a fashion.
  2. To walk or move about spiritedly; strut.

v. tr.
To cause (a horse) to prance.

n.
The act or an instance of prancing.
Wow...that answers a lot of questions. So now, we know that humans can prance! Very thought provoking, isn't it? I just found another definition. Here it is:

prance

n : a proud stiff pompous gait v
1: to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others; "He struts around like a rooster in a hen house"

2: spring foward on the hind legs; "The young horse was prancing in the meadow"

3: cause (a horse) to bound spring forward

4: ride a horse such that it springs and bounds forward

Now, getting back to the questions asked in the beginning...

Do I prance? I think so. Despite reading all these definitions, I'm not exactly sure what prancing is. When I think of prancing, I picture Kogi skipping (prancing) around our school grounds. If that's what prancing actually is, then I do prance at times. I can not even visualize a horse prancing. I don't know the difference between galloping, cantering, prancing..etc.

Do you prance? How would I know? Maybe you do, maybe you don't. If you don't, try it sometime. I find it quite a joyful exercise (if what I think prancing is is actually prancing). Comment and tell me wwhat you feel about prancing.

PS Please don't get too scared after reading this post. I am in an extremely crazy mood right now. Probably, I will feel embarassed about this post and remove it from my blog sometime in the near future.
Now, I shall go prance.
Ciao!

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Rock 'n Roll Aint Noise Pollution said...

i dont care if it means ayyabugger or a cuckoos step mom!!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Rock 'n Roll Aint Noise Pollution said...

no offence meant!!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Aditi said...

yeah i loved black !! hmm i think that qualifies as prance...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home