Saturday, July 09, 2005

Education

Until now, I've been defending the Indian education system without really giving the matter much thought. But come to think of it, the system does suck. Its an extremely lousy system. A system which causes people to commit suicide can by no stretch of the imagination be called a good one. Granted, it has its plus points, but the cons of the system are so many that these can easily be overlooked. Then why am I here? Why didn't I just stay in the US if that system was more beneficial than this one?
It amazes me that my friends who seem to be so against America itself seem to think that it would be better for a person to grow up in the US than here in India. The education system, if isolated and looked at only from the academic point of view is better in the US, but there are many more factors which contribute into moulding the character, ability, resourcefulness and intelligence of a person. The educational environment in the American schools inculcates very different morals, values and standards than those in India. It is because of these basic differences that I feel extremely grateful that I now live here in India and not there in the US.

8 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Kaushik said...

Another example of the uselessness of Indian Education is Dhruva's hindi. He was a hindi student and yet his grammar and vocabulary is of this abysmal standard.

Tumhara hindi bohut achcha hai, beta.

Kaushik

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

..i dnt knw if i shud be here, writing or not..

But, kaushik, apki hindi ka tto koi jawab nahin.. apke ke siwai no one can understand it... by the by, dhruva's hindi is absolutely fine, if what i've understood is what he really wanted to say...{chuckle}..!

'tumhari hindi bahut achi hai, beta'....languages are considered feminie ;)

I agree with Aditi... there's alot of factors that affffect every factor in this country.. woh kehte hain na.. it happens only in india...!there's bad and there's good.. so make an effort to take the good and leave the bad..!..and i jst turned 42! :D

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Kaushik said...

excuse me, but I studied in a CBSE school. I didn't say that my hindi was good. It's slightly better than Dhruva's, that's all.

:D
Kaushik

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

excuse me, but so did i. and i'm more in the position to tell you dhruva's hindi is better than yours! and so is mine.

mehnat ka fhal meetha hota hai. koshish karo..aur ek din you can compete with us pros!

;)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Kaushik said...

Nonnnsense
My hindi is anyday better than Dhruva's. You can't say I'm bad at hindi because I made one gender mistake.

Don't be a fool, be a cool.

Kaushik

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Shyshe said...

Sticking strictly to the matter at hand, this really is an interesting post. Yeah, there are a lot of pros to the American system, but an equal amount of cons also. So I shall end this pointless comment by saying:

Mera Hindi sabse accha hai

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

tsk tsk shishir, at least say that one sentence in shudh hindi..

"meri hindi sabse achi hai.."
where's the* tongue showing smilie*????

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Kaushik said...

Ok everyone shuttap about hindi. Kchlockensheesue, are you going to do anything else on your blog, or are you taking a long hollliday?

Kaushik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home