Friday, August 26, 2005

My Chemistry Tuition

Hi everyone!

I just got back from chemistry tuition. Since my tuitions are such a big part of my life (15 hours of tuition per week), I thought I'd give all you people who are jobless enough to read my blog an insight into my chemistry tuition, so you may also experience the joy that I do throughout my 4 hours of chemistry tuition per week.

My chemistry tuition is located right above a milk kadai. As I near chemistry tuition, I am greeted warmly by the aroma of spoilt milk wafting through my nostrils. As I approach the gate, this smell becomes so overpowering that I am forced to pinch my nose as hard as I can to avoid passing out. I reluctantly enter the gate and then run up the stairs as fast as possibly can I despite the feelings of nausea and dizzyness that overcome me. On the rare occasions that I don't pass out due to these overwhelming sensations, I proceed to leave my footwear at the doorstep and enter the house.

The room in which the actual 'teaching' is conducted is roughly the size of a Maruti Versa (not exagerating). There is a bathroom attached to the room, which is suprisingly as large or possibly even larger than the room itself. There is some sort of device attached to the ceiling which spins around and around making loud noises (the tuition teacher continuously refers to this object as a fan. This has always puzzled me, as even though it looks somewhat like a fan, its function seems to be in no way related to a that of a fan). There are 21 students in my batch. The last three people to arrive are privillaged enough to be seated in the bathroom as the 'classroom' is so stuffed with people that a fly would have a tough time finding a place to sit.

Now, you must note that there are several pros and cons to sitting in the bathroom. I've listed these below.
Pros:
  • The tuition teacher never has enough space to maneuver herself into a position in which she can actually look into the bathroom while teaching. Hence, one can sleep peacefully and happily.
  • While sitting in the bathroom, one can see the whole class, and can make eye contact with one's classmates. One can laugh to one's heart's content at any jokes cracked without the teacher realizing it.
Cons:

  • There is a large window in the bathroom through which the lowely smell of sour milk is let into the room. This induces feelings in a person very similar to those experienced while entering tuition. Hence, sometimes, people pass out while sitting in the bathroom, but are mistaken by their classmates as being asleep.
  • There is no 'fan' in the room. Hence, the rhythmic clacking is absent, and so there is no device which lulls one to sleep.
  • There are spiders in the doorway (ewwwwwwwww!!!)
Anyway...once she starts teaching, my eyes slowly close. Its as if suddenly, there are heavy stones in my eyelids and I just CAN NOT keep eyes open. I try my hardest to force them open, but it doesnt work. With my eyes closed, I try to take down notes in my notebook. The teacher keeps looking at me and asking me if I understood. With a great deal of effort, I force my eyes open, look at her and suprisingly, manage a half nod. And so class proceeds. Invariably, l awaken sometime in the middle of tuition, when she announces a test. I very enthusiastically join the rest of the class in their attempts to persuade her not to conduct any such test. Once this discussion is concluded, and a test date is announced, the stones somehow work their way back into my eyelids, and I gradually fall back into my usual state of half-sleep. Each 2 hour class feels like a year - at least.

Now THAT'S what I call learning!

20 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Rock 'n Roll Aint Noise Pollution said...

sounds too much like hindi:P

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just called up Malini Miss and told her to check out your blog.

Maybe you won't have to go to tuition much longer.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Aditi said...

What? who's this anonymous bugger?

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man are u in trouble...

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger B said...

The perils of a blog when they are read by those around us!!!

I got a good laugh when you wrote about jobless people reading your blog. Though I have tons of stuff to do...I still ocassionally see what you posted as you do write well and seem to have a good sense of humor.

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mailini Miss is not very happy on reading your blog. I don't think you will be either, when she talks to you about it

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang u r a cruel person anonymous.
but to all u guys, i m not the cruel anonymous. even though my post says anonymous well ttfn

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Aditi said...

thank you surya and anonymous no.2

the first anonymous is Kogi (better known as Lobry de Bruyn Van Ekenstein) who for all of your info has never set eyes on Malini miss before in his life...

Lob knows i freaked out at first so...i guess he achieved his purpose...

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Kaushik said...

Mwahahahahaaha!

That's all I have to say. I was the first anonymous, and the first anonymous only, and I didn't call her Chemistry teacher or anything, and I did it to scare my dear cousin Peanut, jesht to hawe phen.

Kaushik

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Sthupit Girl said...

i thot it was malini ma'am u were talking abt but wasnt sure until i read these comments...

...super post.. i hate chem too... thou rt now i'd kiss shyla for having made me learn whatever i did 'cuz the first sem is full of 12th CBSE chem....

;)

A word of advice... malini is the best... her questions come in the board papers... so u might want to wake up now and then and listen a bit towards Jan.. until then, happy snoozing!

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Kaushik is right. He was the first anonymous. But that doesn't mean Malini miss isn't informed of your post. This anonymous is not so nice. Malini isn't too nice either, in such circumstances.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Aditi said...

huh? ok now im really getting scared....

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone in your position would get get scared.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MUAHHAHAHAHAHAH.......... im me myself and himself in shimmyland... or shall we call it electric ladylandd...wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Rock 'n Roll Aint Noise Pollution said...

that was me by the way:D

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the dumbass "anonymous" is ninju indeed. Unfortunetely, he is not the same as this anonymous. Aditi, my advice to you: don't ever mention this situation to mailini miss. Maybe she'll forget about it. I'm sorry I told her. But it was someth9ing I had to do.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger B said...

Hi Aditi,

I hope you don't land into any trouble. Not all teachers ..esp in India have the sense of humor and perspective to take these things in stride. Infact, if I was the teacher, I would be happy to see the sense of observation and imagination displayed in your post.

Take care.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Aditi said...

thanks surya...

i hope i dont land into any trouble either...though anonymous is most probably one of my dear friends who enjoy watching me freak out and get all tense...

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Rum Tan said...

As per my point of view. Students don't need to study Chemistry for 4 hours throughout the day. Because chemistry is an easy subject and you have to make sure that your concepts should be clear. If your concepts are clear then no need to study for 4 hours. But if you want to be a topper, then work on numerical equations. I want to suggest Online Chemistry Tutor for the students who are not able to understand numeric equations. They will give you a professional Tutor. Which helps you to get a good score in Chemistry exams.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger ziyyaraedutech said...

Ziyyara's online tutors in Jaipur are well-versed with advanced tools like virtual whiteboard to deliver 1-on-1 live online tuition in Jaipur at the comfort of home.
Call Our Experts :- +91-9654271931

 

Post a Comment

<< Home